The Climate Crisis: What you can do!
Support our Discover tree planting programme
Compensate for your carbon footprint (caused by car travel, flights, home heating, food and all other purchases) and at the same time help our partners in Uganda and Zimbabwe to avoid the worst effects of climate change.
For more information, see „The Climate Crisis: Appeal for funds„.
Two delighted disabled boys in Maliba, Uganda, now have wheelchairs
Many thanks indeed to Humanitäre Hilfe für Uganda Verl e.V. Read the report
Rehema Namyalo, Andrew Kyambadde and Evelyne Nakamatte successfully held intensive training seminars in self-reliance in health and welfare, in March in Kabongezo Village, Mityana District, and in August in Nakaziba Village, Kiboga District, Uganda.
In each case, seven full days of top-class instruction were given to a group of about 30 participants in a wide range of topics concerned with health and welfare:
- organic gardening,
- maintenance of soil fertility,
- cultivation of Artemisia annua and many other medicinal plants,
- production and use of medicines from these plants to treat many serious health problems including malaria, diarrhoea, skin problems and wounds,
- healing massage,
- nutrition, which was supported by home-made meals which provided a very balanced diet,
- hygiene and soap production,
- simple but important technologies including tippy tap, Ecosan compost toilet, charcoal fridge, solar drier, solar oven, SODIS, and fuel saving stoves,
- income generating projects.
Interim Report May 2019
What our partners have achieved with your donations and how grateful they are. Read the very encouraging report with news and photos of the work of many partners.
The work of Discover in schools: Many Discover members in Uganda are active in primary schools. During our recent visit our partners introduced us to no less than 10 schools. Read a summary of this work. Bwambale Vincent, a 14 year old pupil at St John’s Primary School, Maliba, Uganda, has written this super report about how he is enjoying and benefitting from the Discover group in his school.
Training seminar in Natural Medicine in Nairobi, Kenya, 19 – 22 November 2019
Discover is pleased to publicise this training seminar organised by our partner organisation anamed Kenya East. Read more details here.
Page last updated on 28 October 2019