Information sheets for Trainers in Africa
Together with our partners in Africa, some of whom have extensive experience, Discover has prepared a series of information sheets on a wide variety of topics. You are welcome to use this material for your own use and for teaching others, provided you acknowledge Discover as the source. This information may not be used for commercial purposes. If you wish to use this material in any publication, please seek permission beforehand from Discover e.V. in Germany.
July 2018: Coping with Drought: Suggestions and Ideas – a 20 page document written to help colleagues in Africa cope with very long, dry periods.
The Discover Starter-Pack is designed for people who wish to learn about some important healing plants on their own and for people attending their first training in natural healthcare.
Nutritional and medicinal plants
– Aloe vera
– Bidens pilosa – blackjack
– Carica papaya – pawpaw
– Centenella Asiatica – Indian Pennywort
– Moringa oleifera – short
– Moringa oleifera – in detail
– Mucuna Puriens – Velvet Bean
– Phyllanthus niruri – Stone breaker, Chanca piedra
– Urtica dioica / Urtica massaica – stinging nettle
Conflict resolution and peace-making
– The CHIPS work of making peace
Income generation and community finances
– How to increase the amount of money in the community
– Ideas for income generation
– Table Banking